Friday, May 16, 2008

Oh Devine Christmas Gift from God.

That is two very clear pink lines!
My dearest fans I would like to announce the creation of a new American. Yes, yours truly is creating a human being and I can't wait. I have been slowly spreading the news and have mostly heard "Well that was quick" since Alex and I have only been married not yet 8 months. But thats what happens and we are so excited we cant hold it in. We have nicknamed the baby Jesus, since the due date for this new American is December 25th. My father likes to call him/her Chuy but I think its a bit blasphemous since this new creation MUST be the next messiah. And what a perfect time for REAL leader to emerge to us Americans!! Well, I guess the baby can't be the president of the United states not since will be born in the UK, but I'm glad really, I know for sure now that it wont be the Antichrist. :)
You've gotta keep an open mind about things, since I have no idea in the slightest what this baby will be like. At first I thought it was a boy since my arm pits really stunk bad and I was ready to fight in an instant, but now I'm not so sure. I had a dream the other night that the baby was a girl with blond hair and Alex's eyes but we are going to have to wait. And that is what I have been doing, waiting. I hate waiting. Especially when I feel so sick. One thing I remember when my friend Ellen was pregnant. When asked how she was feeling she said, "Well, I can't ski, I cant drink, and I feel fat and totally uncomfortable." I thought, well, thats secondary, you are creating a human being! Can't you suck it up for 9 months? And now I am eating my words. I really cant tell you how tired I feel and how sick I am ALL the time. It feels like a REALLY bad hangover that wont go away. Sometimes I wish that I would just throw up so I can feel a little bit better. I got up this morning to take a shower and brush my teeth and promptly had to lay down again because just that took all my energy and strength. I'm sure that the only way that I feel comfortable is if I lay on my left side and have to fall asleep fast before my arm falls asleep and I have to adjust in someway. I am wishing for Christmas like you can't imagine. But I am aware that I have a job to do now, I made a pancreas, and 2 elbows last week, that has to take a lot of energy right?
Well all that is great but on top of it all I'm scared to death that the baby made a mistake by picking me at this time. I hope Alex and I can be as wonderful of parents as ours were but I know that its not going to be easy at all especially when we are so far from America and our beloved families. I am glad though that we are here in the UK and taken care of with the Social Health system and don't have to worry about insurance ... yet.
So welcome all to Cardiff, but if you aren't able to get here until next year, there will be three Tumlinson's, or 2 Tumlinsons and one Messiah.

1 comment:

laughingrid said...

Sorry you're feeling so sick, Anna, but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. A PANCREAS!?! Crazy!

And don't worry, I know you guys are going to be great parents! :)