Monday, April 30, 2007

fauna

That last blog got me thinking of the animals in my yard. I have a TINY yard. I don't even think some would even classify it as a yard. It's more like a small patio although I think it's smaller than my parents' "side of the house" which is too small to do anything with except throw the dog shit there. So why would there be so many animals?! I don't know. The only animals that I put there are my tiny tortoises... in my TINY yard. This is Turbo, (Jet was hiding when I went to take the picture).


Yesterday I cleaned the house a bit and open the door to get some fresh air from my tiny yard and this bird was going crazy so after about 1o minutes I went out getting ready to see a HUGE bird from the sound it was making, thinking how could such a huge bird fit in my tiny yard and this is what i saw.


A tiny bird. Actually the smallest bird ever! A hummimngbird! Making that much noise? It was pretty cute though. :)


I think the biggest thing I have ever seen in my tiny yard is what my cousin Krista likes to call "The monster". Actually I have had many infestations of "The Monster"bugs but the first time Krista saw one she screamed like she was being cut up. I had a long discussion with an expert and he told me it was a Manduca Rustica Larve. I think that's what he said anyway.


That picture doesn't really tell how large this thing is... here try this one...

This is my tiny spade that threw it over the wall shortly after I took this picture.

The scariest think I saw was a dimonback rattlesnake. I was looking for the elusive Jet and turned over the tiny ramada I had made for him and there he was, cuddling right next to this horrid creature. No I didn't get a picture of it. God be damned if I went outside again before the "animal" control guy got there. But I did take a picture of the 5 snakes Alex and I saw at the most wonderful cnayon in the world.

Not to worry. These were the "good" kind of snakes. At least that's what everyone has told me. I am just wondering why I my tiny tortoises don't have "good" friends, I caught then hanging out with the Dimondback. I guess that's why Jet was hiding when family picture time comes around. I gave him a good grounding for that one and he was getting back at me. Ahhh, Kids these days. Maybe if I gave them a bigger room...

2 comments:

Chickytava said...

Freaky! I want to see the screaming larvae sometime!!!

Krinsanity said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO ONE wants to see those hellworms. EVER. My stomache is turning and my eyes are seriously starting to bleed from your pictures. Stop it, or else. Just kill them quickly and don't acknowledge them. PS Sorry about the snake. k