Sunday, April 1, 2007

hummers!

I watched a movie when I got back to the states: Team America. My brother often brings weird movies to my parents house so that we can sit around and watch my parents monstrous flat screen TV which my father bought for himself on my mother's birthday. She was at her charity of a work and came home to see the hole in the wall which held the old TV mutilated and her carpet underneath riddled with wood chips. See my father had gone gown the street a few days earlier and seen the neighbors new High Def 52" flat screen TV and promptly figured out which holiday was closest so he could have an excuse to get one of his own. But the hole for the TV wasn't big enough so he had to get out his electric Saws-All and make the hole bigger. My dad loves Costco as do most Americans because you can get BIG stuff there which comes in BULK! (now that all you Americans have read this I'm sure you want your own huge Television so here is the link) MORE STUFF! See, in bulk you can theoretically buy things cheaper. Americans see this as a bargain but I have rarely seen anyone come out of Costco spending less then $200. (quick fact-$200 is what the average Ghanaian makes in 6 months.
Costco Is America.
Anyway I saw Team America when I got back, and if you haven't seen it , do. It's great. don't see it near the children though, because you will subject them to scenes of puppet humor that don't get shown on channel 6. The movie (full name: Team America, World Police. Putting the "F" back in freedom) is a parody of American life, showing patriotic puppets that have teamed up to fight the world. After watching it you will notice things like this in your own neighborhood...if you can't see it, sorry it's was taken with my camera phone- another great American invention. This picture is of a black Hummer with large bull horns and an American Flag plate tied to the front grate. Yes Folks, America has some of the best road systems in this great world of ours, but we Americans think that we need an armored tank of a vehicle to get from our air conditioned houses to Tony Romas (which is where this picture was taken) and just to put a little "F" in the equation we feel the need to tie horns on the front of our tanks with an American flag, just in case we might see a terrorist at Tony Romas we have the means to mow him down and put an American mark on his ass.
Hummers are America, fuck yeah.

1 comment:

gamma rae said...

if you have the means, i highly recommend picking one up . . .